- 2 lb. venison, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 lb. whole mushrooms
- 2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 large yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stemmed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
For marinade, place all marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Place the venison in the marinade, cover, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Put the venison and remaining ingredients onto skewers. Grill the kabobs turning to cook on all sides until you have reached your desired doneness.
- If you are using wooden skewers don't forget to soak them in water before you put the ingredients onto them.
- Traditionally you alternate meats and vegetables onto skewers before cooking, but this makes it very difficult to cook. It is recommended that you put items with similar done times onto the same skewer. This will allow you to cook the meat to your preferred doneness while not over cooking the tomatoes.