- 1/2 lb. venison sausage
- 1/2 lb. pork or turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 c. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 9-inch pie shells
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and saute until tender. Drain and set aside. Brown the two sausages in the skillet. In a large bowl mix the sausage mixture, mushroom and onion mixture, cheese, eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Spread evenly into the pie shells and bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- If edges of pie shell darken too quickly cover the edges with aluminum foil and finish baking.
- Once pies are baked this recipe freezes well.